Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM), Real Assets has £24.9bn of AUM, actively investing and managing assets across commercial property, private residential, infrastructure, lending and corporate credit.
Since launching an open-ended Build to Rent (BtR) Fund in 2016, L&G has secured £1.3bn to develop a significant portfolio of purpose built, private rented residential accommodation in key urban regeneration areas across the UK.
To date, they have secured 7 sites in Leeds, Bristol, Bath, Walthamstow, Birmingham, Salford and Brighton. Targeting schemes of 150+ units, their award-winning BtR platform has a pipeline of almost 2,000 homes with a target of 6,000 units in planning, development or operation by the end of 2019.
Having successfully launched their first scheme (www.theslateyard.com) and with several more equally ambitious schemes opening in 2018, they are seeking a highly motivated Development Manager to join their rapidly expanding BtR team. The successful candidate will be instrumental in designing, developing and delivering market-leading schemes in this strategically important and high-profile area.
- Manage residential (BtR) development opportunities from inception to completion, ensuring the successful delivery against pre-agreed key metrics.
- Provide pre-purchase advice and due diligence on all new residential opportunities.
- Seek to add value through the acquisition phase through design, cost/benefit analysis and strong engagement with the local planning authority.
- Project manage to a start on-site, appointing contractors in accordance with the cost plan and construction programme.
- Manage external development managers throughout the construction programme ensuring accurate and timely reporting against the business plan, including attending site visits and meetings on a regular basis.
- Assist the BtR Fund Manager with the preparation of asset specific business plans and compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Be responsible for effective management of costs and budgets when managing external consultants.
- Instruct and manage third party advisors to ensure all risks are managed and mitigated pre and post-acquisition.
- Contribute to the strategic thinking and planning in the residential sector, including an on-going analysis of the processes and procedures, and where greater efficiency can be driven out of the procurement and construction process.
- A graduate (can be a non-cognate degree) with an excellent academic background and a strong numerical aptitude.
- A proven track record of experience within the residential development sector, specifically in project management and project delivery.
- Ideally some experience in the Build to Rent / Private Rented Sector.
- An innovative and dynamic approach to identifying issues throughout the development process and mitigating those risks in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to operate within a collegiate environment and show leadership both internally and externally.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Argus/Circle Investor and Excel.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- A team player and a good communicator.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an exceptional team which is at the forefront of the BTR asset class. Not only will you be helping to shape local communities across the UK, you will be part of an organisation that invests responsibly, considering the social, economic and environmental impact of every investment decision.
To apply in confidence, please contact LGIM’s Retained Consultant, Joanne Cuckson, by 4th May 2018 at:
T: 020 7769 6852
Summit Search & Selection Ltd, 29 Farm Street, Mayfair, London W1J 5RL.