We are working exclusively with Legal & General Property to recruit a market-facing Residential Transactions Manager, based in London.
Legal & General Property (LGP) is one of the most active institutional property fund managers in the UK, transacting over £5bn in the past 18 months. As part of their investment strategy, LGP is currently deploying significant equity within the Residential sector.
Having already acquired a number of residential schemes, L&G is targeting the construction of up to 500 units per annum. With a long term develop and hold strategy they are focused on maximising net operating income and believe this can be delivered through the provision of high quality purpose build apartments in urban locations that offer exceptional service quality to their tenants.
Their mandate is to develop and hold large (150+ apartment) schemes across the UK that will deliver stable income that grows in excess of inflation. Institutional residential investment in the UK has been minimal for a number of decades even though it is significant in many international markets. L&G’s ambition is to build and manage in excess of £1bn of stock within seven years.
To achieve this aim, LGP requires a talented Transactions Manager to join their Residential team based in London. Reporting to the Head of Residential Development, the successful candidate will be instrumental in driving performance in one of Legal & General’s key investment sectors, specifically for the private rented sector, and will have plenty of scope for career development in a challenging and rewarding role.
- Market facing with responsibility for performance and delivery of investment opportunities across the residential sector in conjunction with the Head of Residential Development.
- Assist in the identification of residential opportunities, to add value on existing and future assets and work with the appropriate asset and fund managers.
- Assist in the evaluation of all opportunities including liaison with the Transactions Team and Fund/Asset Managers for the purposes of providing specialist advice on potential investments and purchases.
- Work closely with Legal & General’s Property Development Team and external consultants to drive forward the residential development and planning strategy.
- Assist the Head of Residential Development with the preparation of the residential strategy/business plan.
- Recommend opportunities within the residential sector in line with Fund strategy.
- Take responsibility for the effective management of costs and budgets when managing external consultants and agents.
- Use external contacts to source information and opportunities for enhancement of the business: to pass on resulting recommendations to the Head of Residential.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of reporting and presentations on current or potential investment opportunities (take individual responsibility for internal presentations as required).
- Represent the investment management capability of Legal & General to current and potential clients, in support of more senior colleagues. Represent Legal & General to clients, agents and landowners on behalf of the portfolio of responsibilities, alongside more senior colleagues at major events.
- Contribute to the strategic thinking and planning in the residential sector, including the identification of market opportunities, particularly for the private rented sector and competitor analysis with excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- A graduate (can be a non-cognate degree) with a minimum of 5 years’ property experience with an excellent academic background and a strong numerical aptitude.
- Proven experience of transacting within the residential market is required for this role, with an extensive contact base within the residential development and land sector.
- An innovative approach to identifying and implementing ways to release value from existing assets with an innate understanding of the planning system.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Argus/Circle Investor and Excel.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise.
- A team player and effective communicator.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your Residential Transactions career within a multi-award winning Investment Manager. Therefore, to apply in confidence, please register your details via the Summit Search & Selection website or email your CV directly to LGP’s resourcing consultant, Joanne Cuckson at: firstname.lastname@example.org